Sign in to follow this  
SOPastian

Creating random RBDs with RBD-Point-Object

Hi guys,

I'm new to Houdini and try to create random RBD "instances" with the RBD Point Object. Creating

constantly new rigid-body like an emitter works like a charm, but I don't only want to create the same

type. Is there a way to randomly point to a different sop-path for each new generated object?

Best,

Sebastian

Update: Scratch this post.

I file imported a debris geometry library that is numbered from 1-201, which I’m using for the RBD Point Object instancing path:

$HIP/debris_library/debris_VPB.$F.bgeo

I created an attribute “mygeo” that has the value expression: int(fit01(rand($PT), 1, 201)). What I’m trying to do is put the mygeo attribute into the file string to replace $F, so the instance will be randomized. I’ve tried using different point functions, but with no luck.

Edited by venator11387

Hi Tomas, thank you for sharing that scene. I was wondering if there was a way to add the capability of switching from low res geo to high res geo with your setup? Something along the idea of creating points to represent the simulated objs from DOP and then plugging that into a Transform Pieces? My knowledge is limited in this area and i haven't been able to figure it out. Any help with be much appreciated. Thank you.