MilanSuk

Hey, thank you for the quick reply, I knew about bullet not working well with small objects, but I thought I would be able to get away with centimeter scale. Oh well. I scaled up my scene and adjusted forces accordingly and I have an acceptable result I believe. There is still some jitter but it is not as bad, with less damping, and the camera will not be close to the objects very long, so I think this can work.

Here is a test, hope you like. I will see how many objects I can get. 100,000 is a minimum I need, 500,000 would be best. (I am insane :D)

seems odforce doesn't want me uploading a file.

Edited by Dispel

Hey, thank you for the quick reply, I knew about bullet not working well with small objects, but I thought I would be able to get away with centimeter scale. Oh well. I scaled up my scene and adjusted forces accordingly and I have an acceptable result I believe. There is still some jitter but it is not as bad, with less damping, and the camera will not be close to the objects very long, so I think this can work.

Here is a test, hope you like. I will see how many objects I can get. 100,000 is a minimum I need, 500,000 would be best. (I am insane :D)

seems odforce doesn't want me uploading a file.

You can try to change substeps too. And 500K should be OK!

Is there an object sleeping threshold I can adjust somewhere? I would like to find a way to take objects at the bottom of a very large pile and turn them into zero-mass objects if they fall asleep, so that I can sim more quickly and more objects overall.

Also, does the max collision pool size and max persistent manifold pool size affect performance in some way if there are more than that many objects?

Is there an object sleeping threshold I can adjust somewhere? I would like to find a way to take objects at the bottom of a very large pile and turn them into zero-mass objects if they fall asleep, so that I can sim more quickly and more objects overall.

You can check velocity! Write some expression that If $BVX, $BVY, $BVZ in absolute value is less than for e.g. 0.01 then mass is zero else mass is $BMASS.

Also, does the max collision pool size and max persistent manifold pool size affect performance in some way if there are more than that many objects?

I check source code and i don't use this parameters(I don't know why). But I will fix it in next beta!

Hi Milan.

I only see the dso for Houdini 12.1. Yet it seems to also support 12.5 from what you posted in this thread. Is there another dso for that version available here as I didn't see it in BulletSOP_2_beta_v5.zip.

Thanks

Bruno

I see tests on the internet of bullet working with GPU, and some text about it on bullets website, but no available code for it. Is there any likelihood that your SOP solver will work with a GPU someday? :D

Erwin said, that He is going to release the latest GPU code soon: www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZkF4yMmP0R8

so, When It happens, BulletSOP will support it :)

PS: sorry for delay with next beta, I am working on it a lot!

Edited by MilanSuk

• 2 weeks later...

Bulletsop expired :(

Yeeh I want to apologize for this stupid problem. Hack is very easy - return time back at April!

I forgot that I put this code to plugin. I have removed it already from last version. So please wait on next beta.

No worries.. it is not time sensitive.. I just hope to play with the next beta soon... and crossing my fingers for GPU :)

So far I got up to 1 million objects.. My project requires 21 million but I don't have enough RAM for it (1 million took 20 gigs of ram) Thinking about workarounds....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was tinkering with the car rig, and it's just a passive cart; might it be possible to have a solver that handles rolling wheels that drive a car?

I just provided basic. Of course you can apply some angular velocity(or set to zero => brakes). with constraints you can create more advance suspension, for e.g.: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-link_suspension