imprting XSI data into Houdini

melany

Hey Guys,

Yeah they are pretty much the same thing like you said Edward just SideFX does not have slick demo videos on it. Yeah I know Houdini is ahead of the curve on almost everything. Thats why its one of my favorite 3D Animation packages. Take the pelt tool my gosh that came out about 2 years ago or so and just now like Max 8, XSI and Modo are getting it. I mean Maya did have it back in Maya 6.5 I believe but Houdini had it first which means they probably copied Houdini and then everyone copied Maya after that. The rep from Autodesk was trying to say that all the software packages were following Max when he was showing off the pelt tool I just about laughed out loud I know I was chuckling at best. He ended up cutting me off of questions because he didn't like my questions. lol Hey man if I have to teach that software and use it a bit but as little as I can then I am going to ask real questions. lol Some of my students did too. It was fun. :);)

Face Robot does not use blend shapes. They use a spring tensor system where they have gone and figured out how to make the alogrithms that define the relationship between the tension in the skin of the face. No they are not going to make a plugin for Houdini we will get something like point clouds. Only Maya and maybe Max will get plugins made for it. Of course it drops right into XSI and eventually will become part of XSI Advanced. Thats what the Softimage rep told me when he came to visit Atlanta pretty smart guy. I like you Houdini guys a lot too your a very smart crowd. :);)

Cheers,

Nate Nesler