Are there any resources on volumes alone?

magneto

Or a Primative SOP with it's volume display set to ISO Surface...

That way you're just changing the display of it rather than actually converting it.

that will not help (it is already part of the file anyway)

the problem is actually in ISO Surface (SDF) visualisation, it simply appears to be much bigger than the actual data, it seems to be a display bug, that's why converting will give you correct representation, because it actually converts it to polygons, but of course it's only for checking the correctness (if you are experiencing this bug) so don't keep the Convert SOP in the same branch where you are using that SDF

but as I said in OGL 3.2 it provides correct visualisation without the need for conversion (everybody may experience something different as it's probably dependent on graphics card/drivers)

Hi Tomas and Christian

Thanks for clearing this up - the display is correct in OGL 2.1 [my card doesn't support 3.2], and it does also display correctly with the convert SOP.

I've been going through the files you uploaded Christian, they are beginning to demystify volumes for me so I am very grateful to you for that.