Houdini 12.5 Released with Ocean and Cloud FX Tools

Does anyone know how this 'point replicator SOP' works? You give it a set of points, but how does it figure out where to add additional points?

Here is a test but in render time, with the new replicator procedural, I need to find a better distribution technique. I also tried to displace points by a velocity field and works like a charm.

render_time_point_replicator_test.hipnc

Thank you Side Effects for speed up Houdini 12.5 and improvement in Alembic.

I really like improvement in mantra render time. Now it renders very fast. But Speed of Pyro is really disappointing.

And I'm still missing drag and drop feature to open .hip file in Houdini. I wish that it will be included in Houdini 13.

Edited by Pradeep Barua

You know what's funny about every new Houdini release?

People can't wait to use it....

With Autodesk software people just wait for at least the first service pack until they hop on the bandwagon...

I am really glad i found HOUDINI and even if it'll still be a long learning curve i am sure i will stay with SESI!

Keep up the great work!

Oliver

Thanks SESI! Now this is a looong awaited feature which is major to me.

• Procedural Edge Groups.

Yay! :)

edit.. oh wait in my head that was "edge primitive" still glad though I will have to look into how it works in practice.

Edited by SoulVector

I wonder if Autodesk will still have the courage to premiere on the 25th-26th with their grease pencil. They should be pink hot by now. Feels good to see companies who are still innovative and mindful of their user base. :ph34r:

S3S! 4 L!F3...

yeeh, Great work! I'm not able to download(my guess is big traffic), but list of new features is pretty impressive :)

Hi Milan. Have you downloaded finally? Does it work with Bullet SOP or you will have to do some revision?