scatter based on color Cd problem

Hi,

Try to use voronoi fracture in Houdini 12.5

but my scatter doesn't pick up my red color while im using Cd at bias 1

anyone?

ok thanx... i know the problem!!!

its my paint node!!!

revert to default doesnt help, reinstalling doesn't help either

i know i is because my paint node doesnt even work on the attribute tranfer node as well

anyone?

even if i paint on the edges of (for example a cube) it paints the whole row and collum in that direction.

Anyone who fixed this problem? or has the same isue before? please help!!

its not only this computer so it isnt my machine

thnx

Without an example hip file, it's hard to say for sure. But is does your cube have any divisions greater than 1? The Paint node allows you to paint per-point, so if you have very low or no divisions on your cube the painted color would get stretched / interpolated to the closest neighboring point.

Without an example hip file, it's hard to say for sure. But is does your cube have any divisions greater than 1? The Paint node allows you to paint per-point, so if you have very low or no divisions on your cube the painted color would get stretched / interpolated to the closest neighboring point.

my box example has alot of divisions so thats not it.

Here is my example.

paint problem.hip

Edited by dennisvolkerts

Hello Dennis!

About the paint problem it does work just fine for me. I tried several times to paint the cube in different colors and there was no snapping or so. I would probably check your preferences for any snapping or graphics. But it seems weird.

The problem of the scattering not working is because "cd" isn't an Attr but "Cd" is :). Easy to forget

Cheers,

Hudson

post-9297-0-82256300-1368090879_thumb.pn

paint problem_fixed.hip

Write Cd instead of cd in alternate attribute param in scatter sop. It will work.

• Like 1

Hello Dennis!

About the paint problem it does work just fine for me. I tried several times to paint the cube in different colors and there was no snapping or so. I would probably check your preferences for any snapping or graphics. But it seems weird.

The problem of the scattering not working is because "cd" isn't an Attr but "Cd" is :). Easy to forget

Cheers,

Hudson

Hi Hudson and Sashu.

Thnx!! that was realy stupid!!! :)

that part works now.

but my paint node still acts weird!

I have uploaded a screencapture:

http://youtu.be/vWZxMPmxkew

I got the latest daily build

Hi Dennis!

On the box parameter pane you should find a checkbox : Consolidate Corner points.

If you uncheck that, the paint node should work as expected. I'm not sure if this is a bug or the way it's meant to behave?

Matt.

Hi Dennis!

On the box parameter pane you should find a checkbox : Consolidate Corner points.

If you uncheck that, the paint node should work as expected. I'm not sure if this is a bug or the way it's meant to behave?

Matt.

Thnx man!!! i have searched for hours now!!

couldnt find it in the paint node

Thnx alot!!

A quick solution now would be to create a varmap for the color (Create attribute Cd) and then remove all the points with a delete sop

$CDX > 0.5
[/CODE]

And then scatter around that.

It seems that there is something wrong with your geo that your are scattering on. Switch it around with some other geo and you'll see that it will work.

Edited by WesleyE

on your geonetry you have 2 Cd attributes

one is primitive one point

scatter prioritizes primitive attribute to generate distribution so it seems to you that it isn't working

simply insert Attribute SOP before Scatter SOP and write Cd into Primitive/Delete Attributes to remove primitive Cd and therefore force Scatter SOP to use point Cd which you've painted

Exactly. See attached. I'm lazy and using a prim SOP, but the action is still the same.

scatter Cd.hipnc

Edited by kleer001

There is a bug in the last build version 12.5.393. I've encounter some problem using the alternate attribute : Cd when doing some RnD. I backtrack to 12.5.376 and it's working.

A quick solution now would be to create a varmap for the color (Create attribute Cd) and then remove all the points with a delete sop

$CDX > 0.5
[/CODE]

And then scatter around that.

It seems that there is something wrong with your geo that your are scattering on. Switch it around with some other geo and you'll see that it will work.

wesley... the mesh i used is a sphere based on normal houdini sphere... i cant upload my model, but even on the sphere it doesnt work... any idea?

Exactly. See attached. I'm lazy and using a prim SOP, but the action is still the same.

Thnx guys!!

Yeah... voronoi Visualize pieces multiple times was the problem!!!

Using the primitive sop worked for me! or just disabling the visualise pieces..

How to work with the attribute sop for fixing this?

How to work with the attribute sop for fixing this?

it really doesn't matter what you use to remove primitive Cd attribute, but for Attribute SOP usage do what was said before

simply insert Attribute SOP before Scatter SOP and write Cd into Primitive/Delete Attributes to remove primitive Cd and therefore force Scatter SOP to use point Cd which you've painted

scatter Cd.hipnc

Attribute SOP is faster. Things like the Point SOP, Prim SOP, Color SOP, are all wrappers that make it easier, but more laggy.

I'm newer, but i had same problem. first apply background color (0,0,0) to entire object, then paint red (1,0,0) with foreground. problem solved!