Big News Next week!

1.There are a Coden framework

with what user can write a plugin that work in all 3d packages.

So it can be the same thing - direct connect to another app.

2.Or if "Lab" name have a sense it maybe a low level Library of tools and user's have access to them - so anybody can do a tool that all want.

But this tools have a Cloud based solution - web access.

3.Another approach is voting system - if SESI do something, people votes, like they this or not, and say how they see this feature.

In this case developer go on "democracy" style and gets ideas for free.

Edited by jbond

SidefxLabs doesnt sound like a product or 'the news' itself ( to me ) .

( the news ) im expecting more of a product made from theLab .

.cheers

"In his talk, Mayer will explain how the shot grew in length and how it was done. He described the tech detail to fxguide and hopefully this should give you a sense of the kinds of presentations that will take place at Dailies. “I simulated eighteen separate fluid grids, about 1.35 billion voxels per frame. Each flow started as a simple particle system for blocking. I rasterized these into our openvdb volumes and fed them into our proprietary fluid simulator, Flux, which is embedded in Houdini."

Flux -> Houdini ?

Hmm, I wonder if this has something to do with this entry in the journal:

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Houdini 12.5.454: Added standalone executable, gpdb, for converting from Protein Data Bank (PDB) atomic coordinate entry files to geo or bgeo files containing point clouds with the atomic data.

Maybe we get a standalone HoudiniPlayer which also runs on android and ios like the flashplayer only for digital assets ... either that or Houdini will be entirely rewritten in Haskell.

• Like 1

I just saw the first lab entry and I must say Houdini Engine is a bigger project than I thought.

Looks pretty cool. I'm happy SESI has this attitude of making everything better and as best they can, everytime. No stagnation, always going forward. Really great!