Big News Next week!

wow. It looks cool, but I don´t know where this will go. Ain´t this going to revitalize Maya if they can access to Houdini tech?

Well, that's true but Maya will be more like Houdini Escape. You'll still need Houdini to create and modify assets.

This is also great news for small shops that rely the sorts of 3DSMax, as they'll be able to have one houdini seat without having to create a pipeline around it.

Edited by rafaelfs

Maybe we get a standalone HoudiniPlayer which also runs on android and ios like the flashplayer only for digital assets ... either that or Houdini will be entirely rewritten in Haskell.

You were so close!

F*ck, I wouldn't guess.

Nice. I wrote it at #21 post. Bad there are no gift for who guessed:(

Something similar approach Ephere and fabric engine working also .

Well, you get our recognition for being a good guesser. -_-

I agree, it looks like Fabric Engine, but with the dev already creating the implementation for you (or maybe not, depending on the case?)

Well, that's true but Maya will be more like Houdini Escape. ..

wh-aat did y-o-u sai--d ?!?!

--

tumblr_inline_mowqrhXW7D1qz4rgp.gif

--

Escape can open and edit assets , excluding RBD and Particles ..

show some respect Maaan .

=P

.cheers

wh-aat did y-o-u sai--d ?!?!

Escape can open and edit assets , excluding RBD and Particles ..

show some respect Maaan .

=P

.cheers

Fair enough, guess I mean in regards to dynamics and the sorts of goodness that escape cannot edit or create (except for whatever is exposed as parameters on the assets)...

Geez, sorry man! :D

The way i see it - its the best integration one could ever hope, you don't have to export result, you can export process itself (and now you can always export result in bgeo etc. :) )

Now there wont be excuses to avoid houdini for any studio as it will blend seamlessly with other software (hopefully), its a very useful tool and a great way for sidefx to expand market share.

What i'm interested in is the licensing part, is it like mantra (1 houdini licence will provide hEngine licence for whole studio, or will it be 1 houdini = i hEngine) ?