FLIP smorganic/sheeter effect?

poppy

Finally I almost done with the development of my custom asset that tries to solve the water sheets and tendrils in a FLIP/PIC sim, at last I've found a method to control the volume gain and break the fluid sheets without deleting particles, even retime effects are possible!!!; Here are some test with some parameter variation, hope you like it.

Looks amazing!!! Waiting to see more amazing tests.

• 5 weeks later...

HY!.

Im a guy who has been working in the VFX area for many, many years.....  only..... i use the other commercial programs, like Max, Fume FX, Real Flow, , Phoenix, Rayfire, Pulldownit, some Thinking particles stuff, Krakatoa.......  mostly GUI based programs.

My actual boss is currently  making me  by force change my workflow to the procedurally driven Houdini workflow, but im a 42 years old guy, so im into it, but very slowly as i am not familiar with code.

Right now we´re in the need of THAT particular custom asset.... as my boss doesnt like the average way Houdini handles particle tension and adhesion..... he wants a sheeter like.... no, not even sheeter like.... a REPLETUM like effect but in Houdini.

What you are showing in your videos is just AMAZING and would save our asses.

I hope you finish its implementation soon so we can buy it via the ORBOLT website....... Right now it is not there yet.

One more thing.....Will it be compatible with V 13.0.416?....

Hola Carlos!!

Que bueno tener un Colombiano en el foro!

Gracias por los comentarios!!

Entiendo el cambio que implica la migracion a un paquete como Houdini, ya que es un software que no se aprende en 6 meses ni un anho como los "Jefes" creen que es!! Pero adelante compadre si necesitas algo no dudes en contactarme yo te coloaboro en lo que nbecesites, mientras mas usuarios de esta grandioza aplicacion existan en el pais mejor!!; Lo que mas me intereza a mi es que aqui en el pais por fin cambien un poco el esquema y el modus operandi del medio audiovizual que esta cada vez mas destruido por culpa de tanto explotador.

En cuanto al asset, desafortunadamente no esta full desarrolado, asi que usarlo es muy dificil pero efectivo, lo otro, esque no planeo venderlo, ya que por ahora es un efecto que muy pocas empresas manejan inHouse, es ya cuestion de negocios.

Saludes.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi!!

I'm reimplementing this on H14 right now, because of some nice new and very fast tools, like the new scatter sop, the new grain solver, etc.

So no news about Orbolt, sorry for that, this is also a personal project (learning, R&D), not a commercial one, so I dont spend so much time on this.

Thank you!!

• 1 month later...

Hi Rayman!!

Nicely done!! Here is a screenShot of my Tension asset working in conjunction with your nice technique, It works very nice!!

Thanks for sharing this technique!!

Cheers!

post-3275-0-00134900-1425082585_thumb.pn

Edited by Pazuzu
  • Like 1

Here is another test (extreme one with nice tendrils and thick borders), but this time with all the Tension assets plus the Rayman's filler technique (I have found a raw way to control the volume gain, but I need first to better dig deep into the Rayman's technique).

Thank you so much for this Rayman, my old filler technique was field based, so it was the only stage in my tension tools that was not particle based, so it was a bit slow and resolution dependent.

Cheers!

post-3275-0-34424200-1425086880_thumb.pn

Edited by Pazuzu
  • Like 1