H12.5 viewport displays geometry that it's NOT SUPPOSED TO!

I would love to have such issues with Houdini viewport :). They may have long bug list but I never had to log one myself. Can't say the same about Houdini.

I'm a Windows user. I try to avoid Linux as much as I can. My Wacom refuses to work with it (on latest OpenSuse) so I refuse too. But from test I'v done it wasn't so bad.

Back to the topic; if there are any viewport bugs post them up, get all your friends with Quadro cards to post the issues - they can be all addressed and fixed, and, it'd be good to get them in before H13 is released so it's as smooth as possible.

Good news everyone, the viewport fix is in tonight's build12.5.529.

Please see if we can break it ;)

Edit: just tested 12.5.529 on Os X and no more stuck geo!

Edited by tar

I'm seeing no improvement in 12.5.533

Still getting random displays like this -

Can you please post up your hip file and graphics card specs. thanks!

Edit: also any steps you took to do this, also driver version number would be cool

Edited by tar

I can't post my file unfortunately as it is work stuff. I can say that the problem seems to be more prominent when working with Alembic files (even after they are converted to polygons). Sometimes I can work around it by switching to H11 viewer but that is by no means a guaranteed solution.

Cheers,

WD

I can say that the problem seems to be more prominent when working with Alembic files (even after they are converted to polygons). Sometimes I can work around it by switching to H11 viewer but that is by no means a guaranteed solution.

Cheers,

WD

It might be to do with the Alembics, I know there is some bugs with some exporters.

What is your pipeline for .abc files?