yourdaftpunk

VEX syntax definition for SublimeText

Needs some polish, especially in regards to multi-line macros. Additionally, it'd be nice if vex had a header extension that didn't clash with c/c++. I'm manually specifying .h files as vex headers as needed, though the definition picks up vfl's automatically.

https://gist.github...._tmlanguage-xml

What it looks like with the Monokai Theme:

vex_tmlanguage_screenshot.png

Have Houdini related SublimeText enhancements to share? Snippets or build systems? Lets collaborate!

-shawn

Edited by yourdaftpunk
  • Like 8

Additionally, it'd be nice if vex had a header extension that didn't clash with c/c++. I'm manually specifying .h files as vex headers as needed, though the definition picks up vfl's automatically.

Yeah, I don't know a good solution to that. The best I can think of (short of choosing a different file extension), is to employ some vi-like modeline approach. You have a special comment in the file and that the syntax highlighter searches for in order to differentiate if it's a vex header file.

Cool! Do some of u know anything like this (for ST), but to use the hom module?

Updated VEX functions for Houdini 13, there is also now a github repository if anyone wants to contribute snippets or plugins specific to VEX and Houdini:

https://github.com/WhileRomeBurns/VEX_Syntax

And if you use Package Control with Sublime, you can install the latest version and keep it up to date automatically like so:

Open the Command Palette (Shift-Cmd-P in OS X, Shift-Ctrl-P in Linux/Windows) and select "Package Control: Install Package". Find and install "VEX Syntax" and you're set for life. 
  • Like 4