roughsporty

Visualisation of saved bgeo pyro cache

For example, I have used the shelf tools to create a sphere and a pyro flame. in the DOP I/O I can export my simulation frames as bgeo. There is a DOP Import node which "get's" the visualisation from the DOP network. But, have saved my bgeo files and don't need the DOP anymore. How can I read in/display my visualisation data in the viewport?

bgeo files don`t store any visualisation data, only geos/volumes with their attributes.

you can recreate this using volume visualisation node after reading tihs data manually OR you can do simple kind of cheat.

You can copy pyro visualisation to pyro shader usinf utils tab.

Then when you read geometry from file set volume visualisation node and transfer visualisation data from shader to this node.

You really have to do this if you need viewport feedback.

The visualization data is stored as Detail attributes (volvis_*) so IS stored in the bgeo files... you just have to make sure your visualization node is applying to the volumes just before you write it to disk as the internal pyro vis stuff gets lost.

Ah, thanks, I have used the volume viz node to after loading in the bgeo. So with that, I have also a colored representation in the viewport.

Thanks a lot