Anyone using 4K displays for 3d?

magneto

6 hours ago, marty said:

Just a quick note that H on 4K 32in Dell looks great - the High DPI UI setting is very good as OsX dosen't see this monitor as a HiDPI. 

Gtx980, OsX 10.10.5

"High DPI" is just a name I gave to the "Very Large" UI size to make it more obvious what it should be used for. All it does is make everything bigger (in pixels), so if OSX isn't seeing it as high DPI and upscaling, it would be very large indeed.

On 1/9/2016 at 9:07 PM, magneto said:

Sorry for the spam but can someone please post a 4K screenshot of Houdini showing lots of panes like Object Tree View, AttribWrangle with code, network editor and the viewport of course? I just wanna test it on 4K TVs in store out of curiosity :)

Is there anyone who use a giant 4K TV from far to have the ultimate Houdini experience ?

There you go man!  I have the LG 31MU97 true digital cinema 4k monitor.  4096x2160
http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-31MU97-B-4k-ips-led-monitor

2016-05-22_23-21-56.png

• 3 months later...

Hey guys, I need some advice about 4k display and houdini. At the moment I'm using 2x 24" (1920x1200) on a GTX 980ti with 6GB on linux. Seen that the monitors have quiet a few hours on their back, I'm thinking to replace them with one 32" 4k display. Will my GPU handle it fine or should I rather get 2 27" displays with 2560x1440? Sidefx recommends at least 4GB so my GPU only has 2GB more than the recommendation. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Vivo3d
grammar

3 minutes ago, Vivo3d said:

Hey guys, I need some advice about 4k display and houdini. At the moment I'm using 2x 24" (1920x1200) on a GTX 980ti with 6GB on linux. Seen that the monitors have quiet a few hours on their back, I'm thinking to replace them with one 32" 4k display. Will my GPU handle it fine or should I rather get 2 27" displays with 2560x1440? Sidefx recommends at least 4GB so my GPU only has 2GB more than the recommendation. Thanks in advance.

I think it's fine. I've a 980, 4GB driving a 2k and 4k monitor and there is ample room for normal tasks. Once you start adding in more viewport lighting effects or OpenCL maybe not.