Sign in to follow this  
Doum

Pop align to ground when hit

Hey all,

I'm playing with Pop to create a confettis setup. I had some difficulty to figure out how to make particles align to the collider object when they hit. I did some test with a vop pop and playing with orient attribute but I had problem mixing 2 orientation together, the vop node is still there but inactive.

I've linked a scene so if someone can have a look, that could be nice.

Thanks

Doum

Confettis_falling.hipnc

Hello,

Here is a simple solution that works alright.

cheers,

Huds

Hip-file is now attached. Sorry went away during the weekend and just saw your post. If you dont have figured it out already here is the hip. I even double-checked if the file was attached on last post. But I was mistaken  :/

Confettis_falling_oriented.hipnc

Edited by Hudson

Thanks Hudson, but I think you forget to attach the hip file ?

I realised my hip, didn't give you a perfect result. Altough you can use it as a start. or it will give you an idea on how to begin :)

Thanks again hudson for the help, I took a look at your correction to my hip file and that is a solution that I had already tried, but the problem with this solution is that all particle/confetti have the same orientation when they fall to the ground, that is why I tried to play in Vop pop to change there orientation attribute when they come to a certain distance of the ground, but I wasn't able to blend the orientation from  in the air state to the collision state.

here I linked an image to explain the problem of alignment.

post-9130-0-59004200-1394451878_thumb.pn