What version of Houdini do you use?

MG

36 members have voted

1. 1. What version of Houdini do you use?

• 4.0.x
    • 4.1.x
    • 5.0.x
    • 5.5.x
    • 6.0.x
    • 6.5.x
    • 7.x (beta [?])

I dunno. I'm kinda liking Macs lately too. Not for the eye candy, but I'm hating Windows more and more and I feel like getting my hardware to work with Linux is a real crapshoot sometimes. Right now my computer is running Linux well but I keep running back to Windows everytime I need to use a tablet. I'm thinking a G5 with Apprentice would be pretty sweet now that they have Nvidia cards...  I think my main thing is I don't want to build or maintain computers anymore and I don't want to install Operating Systems anymore. I just want to buy something that works out of the box. I'm lazy. I'd buy a workstation from Boxx or HP but then I'd have to go through all the hassle of replacing Redhat or SuSe or Windows or whatever it is they'd install on it :P

MG, what sort of video card and drivers are you running?

nVIDIA GeForce4 420 Go (32MB) with the latest detonator drivers (Detonator v.56.72). But I think, now, it's most likely my USB hub that has been causing all the problems.

By the way, getting Linux installed/working isn't always the big issue for me. I just rely on too much Windoze software at the moment. And emulation is not really an option, which would force me to switch Linux/Windows everytime I need a certain program.