Hey guys,

i didnt find anything in the forum so i'm gonna open up a new thread for future searchers on this topic (and not hijack my other thread about compilation issues....).

Now that i managed to build my plugins, i would like to establish a convenient plugin testing workflow.

What i would do in Maya is, after the build i would run a python script to:

1. Load empty scene

2. Unload the plugin and release the handle

3. Copy and overwrite the .dll (.mll)

4. Reload the plugin

5. Reraise test scene setup

I can't seem to find a way to unload the plugin in Houdini (or load it in the interface).

Is there a way to set it up like this, or do i need to restart Houdini every time ?

PS: Is there a list somewhere that explains all the abbreviations like GU, OP etc. ? When i accidentaly read that GU means Geometry Utility, lightbulbs went on, and the HDK naming scheme immediately became a lot less obscure....

Edited by timmwagener

I've supplied the scene in the command args to directly load the scene I want to debug with when I hit the debug button. I also disabled the splash screen because thats annoying.

You could theoratically create a shell .dll that loads a new dll. But you would need to get Houdini to trigger the newSopOperator with the current OP_OperatorTable to remove and readd the new operators.