StianHalvorsen

Fast Volume Lattice tool

Hi,

Thought I'd see if anyone had any feedback on a new tool i made. It is a volume lattice tool allowing for fast high quality deformations directly on volumes. No conversion from volume to point and back is done - the deformations happens on the volume itself. This makes it a lot faster, avoids breaking the volume however much you stretch it, and results in a higher quality end results. You can also deform multiple fields at the same time, which comes in handy for smoke and fire sims. The deformation lattice can also be animated.

If people show interest I might add the tool to Orbolt.

Feedback is much appreciated! Cheers.

Stian

• Like 2

That is indeed very cool! Does it work with VDB or regular volumes? I´m asking just in case we could use it as well for tweaking fluids during the meshing process

Cheers!

Netvudu - at the moment it does not support VDB's, just regular volumes. I haven't looked much into VDB deformations yet, but might be something I could add later :)

Cool! I don't think I would have a use for it currently - but I'd be interested to see how you accomplished it for learning purposes. However if you put it on Orbolt as a locked asset I totally understand :)

Wow !! I am reallly impressed. Hope to see your tool on orbolt !!!

Cheers!

Netvudu - at the moment it does not support VDB's, just regular volumes. I haven't looked much into VDB deformations yet, but might be something I could add later :)

If you're doing your deformation in a volume vop, VDBs work with volume vops, you just need to be aware of the active voxel regions and adjust them according to the deformation.