Transformers Cubes

khalid

But if your using cubes like that you will get two or four or six closest positions each time you evaluate...

But to answer your question you should probably use a python node in a sop that will evaluate at each frame(you may need a solver sop to make it do that not sure), that way you can implement decision making ability for your cubes.

Thanks

Yeah i will copy boxes on the points. But im new user of houdini. And i dont know write a python code. So if someone can give an exemple scene, that will let me understund new things (nodes) in houdini.

Thanks

start with a 10x10 grid, drop an add & do "remove geo keep points", to the add drop a sop solver. Jump into the sop solver and wire a point wrangle to the previous frame input. inside the point wrangle is a bunch of example code under the down facing triangle pull down (not the presets). With the manual open next to you you should be able to go from there.

In it's essence this is an exercise in path finding.
So you should search for pathfinding algorithms here or on google - or in the houdini help. I think the pathfinding algorithms are currently in 13 - haven't used them yet though --- you can also find similar info from the 'volume arrival time'.

You could also search for growth algorithms. - The growth is restricted by the specific directions.

-- All cubes lead back to the one original cube. The one original cube is the root (if you wanted you could have multipled roots/original cubes).

Also search for 'unfolding'.

quick search:
haha :)
http://forums.odforce.net/topic/13596-trying-out-this-effect/

http://forums.odforce.net/topic/12519-procedually-unfolding/?hl=unfolding