Sign in to follow this  
XRM

Weird display of sdf and distance vdb

Hi,

recently I am facing this issue. The display of sdf and distance vdb is always corrupted in the viewport. I've attached an image.post-7403-0-37793500-1420226863_thumb.jp Does anyone know how to fix this?

Guest tar

if it's recent, what has changed recently? i.e. video drivers, Houdini version etc

if it's recent, what has changed recently? i.e. video drivers, Houdini version etc

Nothing. It just started happening all of a sudden. I even tried restoring and also deleted the houdini13 preferences folder from my documents folder. I even re installed the graphics drivers. All in vain.

Edited by XRM

Guest tar

Can you please post your scene and exact computer specs - i.e. windows version, driver number, card, Houdini version etc. 

Thanks!

The scene files are opening fine in the other systems. There is not problem with it I am sure of it. Even if I just add a box and then connect it to a vdb to polygons node, I can see this problem. I am on windows 7, Houdini 13.0.547, AMD R290 with latest drivers. It was working fine. I can only think of formatting and installing everything fresh again.

Try this first:

- Ensure no Houdini apps are running

- Rename the houdini13.0 directory to something like houdini13.0.old in your documents folder

- Start Houdini

If that doesn't work, then try changing the viewport GL version in the main preferences > viewport.

If that doesn't work, I'm betting that it's the video driver version that changed.

you were right edward. My graphics drivers were set to autoupdate. Reverting back to the previous drivers fixed it.

Hello, Im having the same issue at the moment. Can you tell me exactly which driver you rolled back? Ty

I've added a small workaround to the VDB SDF shaders to avoid an AMD GLSL compiler bug. It is fixed in Houdini 14.0.220 and 13.0.663.