MacOS Houdini? Vote now!

Jason

Would you like to see Houdini on MacOS?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see Houdini on MacOS?

• Yes!
    • Doesn't really matter to me...
    • Nah, forget it.

Hi,

I use mac at the moment for HD editing and recived my cinema display today, DAMN :wub: thats a hot screen, man I dont wand to go back to my old sony 22" CRT on my linux workstation

other than that I think OS X has lot more potential than sun OS for houdini grow on...

btw: just thought that maybe it is possible to use x (xfree86) over ethernet to use houdini on mac? No fast graphics but still worth a shot?

-Kaspar

I wonder if this whole pole is a smoke-screen. Shouldn't it be:

Should Adobe port Photoshop to Linux?

or

Should Apple officially port and support Quicktime on Linux?

or a thread:

How to make linux a more artist-friendly environment as it is right now.

Cause' sure as hell an apple is at least 1.5 to 2x the cost of a comparable pc (yes the pc is already half a year out of date and heavily discounted), always slower on all benchmark tests with latest gear, and you have to wait half a year to a year for the latest processors to be wrapped in to a mac (g5 laptop anyone?) unless they give them away (which they have). I feel that the apple engineers have to wait for that big apple show so Jobs can show the world how better he is than Gates!

Don't get me wrong, apple makes stunningly beautiful and artist-friendly products. Thank god they are around as windows wouldn't have a GUI and DOSv22.1 would be the os of choice on PC's. Just look at the ipod. Even individuals with iq's ranging in the low teens can use one of those ipods. Simply brilliant engineering! :P

I really love the look and feel of OS-X. I also have the sneeking suspision that Apple has a version of OS-X running on intel processors kicking aorund...

So another pole:

Should apple port OS-X to intel processors?

More power and choice for the people and integrating mac's and pcs should be much simpler.

Having just done the pepsi challenge with a bunch of compositing software

on PS's and Mac's. Yes its basically only a 2D test but...we were not impressed. :tumbleweed:

The G5's were much better than mac's used to be. Yes you have a command prompt. Yes its unix. Bla bla.... and these are all good things, but at the end of the day what counts is speed. :D

Once again Apple has shouted we have the fastest computer ( and they actually believe it ) and of course they don't! They should be shouting we have a better... slightly faster computer than we used to. :unsure:

I guess that would'nt make for good advertising or hype. ;)

BTW

Nuke :nuke: won the challenge hands down.