Sign in to follow this  
Sankar Kumar

HOUDINI SAND SIMULATIONS

Guest tar

the sand grains are enormous! looks like the amount of sand that would fit into a cupped hand.

The initial hit of interaction makes the sand look a bit too explosive. Maybe some drag would help. I'd love to see some more color and shading, size and spec variation in the sand render, possibly modeled after sand from a specific beach.

• Like 1

The initial hit of interaction makes the sand look a bit too explosive. Maybe some drag would help. I'd love to see some more color and shading, size and spec variation in the sand render, possibly modeled after sand from a specific beach.

Thanks, Now i am updating the animation will do this in the next version

hi there 

can you explain how you did an "initial hit"? i'm trying to make a sandcastle and each time the particles fall down with gravity 

hi there 

can you explain how you did an "initial hit"? i'm trying to make a sandcastle and each time the particles fall down with gravity 

I Let the sand to settle and used the Static Simulation frame as initial state. For your case you may use groups to separate static and dynamic portion. Then apply force to selected groups. 

Go to the desired frame and cache it to disk. Use a file node to import it and replace whatever was being read in by the dop net

I tried this, with no luck. Create File Node, write .sim to disk, then import it, and plug it into the GrainUpdate node, correct?

AHA! You don't plug it into the top node within the DOP network, you plug the .sim into the "Initial State" of the AutoDopNetwork node itself... 

• Like 1

Can you guys share a example file for making a initial state for your sims please,i tried but had no luck..

Hi, I'm hoping that this thread is still active but I'm trying to do this desired affect, but can't work it out either. Any help would be greatly appreciated