PSCALE over lifetime

zeekindustries

Hello!

I would like to ask how would you wire a POP VOP in order to create a ramp to control the scale of a particle over it's lifetime. What I want to achieve is something like this:

Lifetime = 0, Scale = 0

Lifetime = 0.5, Scale = 1

Lifetime = 1, Scale = 0

I'll really appreciate if someone could help me, I'm kinda new to VOP's so It's something that I can't seem to sort out.

Thanks a lot!

you can do at sop level itself

popnet -> vopsop ---->

inside vopsop the structure should be

age -> compare (<=0.5)   ->  two way switch (input1 Promote Parameter set value to 1)   ->  add attrib (name the attribute from Cd to pscale)

Hello!

I would like to ask how would you wire a POP VOP in order to create a ramp to control the scale of a particle over it's lifetime. What I want to achieve is something like this:

Lifetime = 0, Scale = 0

Lifetime = 0.5, Scale = 1

Lifetime = 1, Scale = 0

I'll really appreciate if someone could help me, I'm kinda new to VOP's so It's something that I can't seem to sort out.

Thanks a lot!

Use can also do this at SOP level.

If you want this in POPVOP take a look in attached file.

pscale_over_life.hip

Another way would be in vop to take age, connect to fit, connect to ramp, bind export to pscale. You'd then have an interactive thingy to play with values. To make what you wanted, make the ramp 0 at either end, and put the middle at value one. Use the fit to determine the lifetime the ramp applies to. Like pradeep said, you can do this in pops or sops. If this isn't driving anything else, then just slap it on after the sim for flexibility :)