Sign in to follow this  
enquel

Houdini Pose Library freezing at save

Hello,

I need some system to manage poses for my characters. The obvious choise is Houdini Pose Libary. The problem is, it seems to freeze when I want to save a certain phase (89th frame of my character animation, no big deal) - it looks like it is saving, but that state persisted for over 10 minutes until I killed the application... I use H 13.0.547.

So:

1) is Houdini Pose Libary any good?

2) is it able to restore pose from a certain point in time (I mean dependent on the current frame), or does it always restores based off original frame numbering?

Thank you in advance,

Edited by enquel

I think what it's supposed to do is save the values from the current frame. Then it doesn't matter what frame you restore it at.

Not sure why it's freezing from you in H13 but it's been completely rewritten in H14.

I think what it's supposed to do is save the values from the current frame. Then it doesn't matter what frame you restore it at.

Not sure why it's freezing from you in H13 but it's been completely rewritten in H14.

Hi Edward,

Can you please tel me how can i access Pose Library in H14? I have a script from a guy to add a button on shell tools, but it does not work on H14. In H13 it's a folder called 'poselib' and i need to refer to that in the script. But in H14, the folder is no longer there(user/documents/poselib) and i can't find it. I created one, but no luck. Also the documents(help files) are not referring to the PoseLibrary at all. I really don't understand why SESI don't  place the Pose Library on the tools shell. I really need the tool and can't access it!

Thank you in advance,

C

Sorry, it seems that I've mistaking the new "pose library" as opposed to the new "character picker". :(