Ben Mears

Guest mantragora

Questions:

1. I'm really curious why searching for => Ben Mears <= brings:

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

on Polycount forum?

2. I'm really curious why I have to work my ass around promoting Houdini on Polycount forum and not Ben Mears?

;)

It's nice that you come to odForce too, but we mostly know what Houdini is, and know its potential. We frequently visit also SESI site and forum. But the guys at Polycount are a little less informed, and they are the target of Houdini in games. They will not come here. They already have community there, with many top artists frequently posting. You don't have to win us, you have to win them. You have to reach to them.

Couple months of my presence on Polycount and people started to finally talk about it and be interested in it.

And it's also a good place to find companies that use Houdini but are nowhere to find on SESI site/forum.

BTW. ShadowFall is like two years old, don't you have something never to show up?

Edited by mantragora

Thanks for the feedback. I'll start promoting Houdini on the Polycount forums so you don't have to anymore.  :) (and thanks for doing that!)

Yeah, ShadowFall is a few years old but it's one of our most recent game related customer stories. We definitely need to get more soon.

Guest mantragora

I think many people would be interested in Axis Animation story about why they (postproduction house) picked UE4 and where they would like to go with it. That would be good customer story.
The Mill is also interested in UE4 and they use Houdini, so maybe you could talk to them too.

Edited by mantragora
  • Like 1

Hi Ben,

Thanks for posting these. It is actually great to see the various customer stories compiled in the houdini games subforum here on odforce. It has been a while since I have read some of those. I am sure some of that tech has been updated since then. It is true that you don't need to sell houdini to us :) - but you may want to sell working in games as a houdini artist to us.

-- Also I had not heard of the polycount forum before - but then I also don't work in games. I just have an interest in it because as the hardware gets more powerful the possibilities become closer to offline simulation and rendering.

• Like 1