mightcouldb1

Pop replicate based on impulse?

I would like to only replicate particles if their impulse is high enough.  Maybe the impulse creates more particles when it is more intense.  Any ideas?  The best I could come up with was using the impact data to drive a second pop sim that creates the additional particles.  Would be nice to contain this in one dop net.

Best,

I would like to only replicate particles if their impulse is high enough.  Maybe the impulse creates more particles when it is more intense.  Any ideas?  The best I could come up with was using the impact data to drive a second pop sim that creates the additional particles.  Would be nice to contain this in one dop net.

Best,

I agree with your idea, in sopsolver use impacts to replicate particles, then merger them.

Well... This helps a bit...

https://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&p=172765&sid=aa573746a5a7049fe80bd83102fdf851

Using the sop solver in the same dop network to modify the geo by adding points is the chosen method.  Now that I can actually access the impact data...  I thought I was going crazy for a minute :) :) :)