gpapaioa

FLIP with divergence, volume keeps increasing

I am doing a container fill up where the emitter is below the surface, so I am introducing divergence. The container fills up OK but the volume of the fluid keeps rising even after I stop emission. Tried to edit the default reseeding values but it didnt help. Any ideas anyone? Thank you.

Edited by gpapaioa

Are you evaporating the divergence field as well?

The divergence field will continue to be applied directly to the Project Non-Divergent DOP and will do exactly what you are experiencing: continue to expand the fluid.

No I am not. I am only adding divergence as an attribute as I emit the particles. How should I set up the evaporation?

Use some geometry to create a zero-value divergence field and source it on the Volume Velocity tab on the FLIP solver?

Add a Gas Dissipate DOP to the merge DOP in to the last right most input of the Pyro Solver DOP.

Set it up to dissipate the divergence field exactly by that name. Set up the parameters to evaporate over time.

Brilliant idea but for some reason it doesn't work..  :mellow:  Its a FLIP solver but from what I read on the help files, this micro solver works for both..

I got it solved. By using a POP VOP in the sourcing and reducing the divergence attribute. I should treat it as a particle attribute NOT as a field. Thank you for your time old school.

one question though, how is the attribwrangle in the flip_source going from 0.5 to 0? I see you're turning off the popwrangle in flip_sim at frame 96, are those connected?

ah wait. you're activating the popwrangle at 96 turning the div to 0. @Div is a global variable, yeah? Now I think it all makes sense. 

Edited by Christian Johansson

Yeap. You can add POP nodes on the Particle Velocity input at the FLIP solver and mess with the simulation particles. For proper results, dont deactivate the popwrangle, try to animate if from 0.5 to 0.