Houdini 15 Sneak Peek

• 3 weeks later...

Hope the Sesi and Odforce servers are being upgraded for the launch; h15 is already on it's way to smashing the competition. What's been 'leaked' beyond the sneak peak on the forums is:

Openly CooL deforms, uber fast FEM, material stylesheets that will satisfy, some bullet work, vdb flippy stuff, edit: crowd rbd. Anything else?

Edited by tar

72 before it will be usable and not crash on simple things ;)

well at lest we can test it and sent bug reports that are getting fixed(mostly) there are other tools where the bugfix take much more then 72 days :-) 

but you are right it's not stable in the beginning.

what me surprises is the current pace of this release a full number below 1 year is fast even that last year where no releases but that i think that has more todo with the xsi eol.  

72 before it will be usable and not crash on simple things ;)

Lets keep things in perspective Modo needs SP4 which is 8 months I think ~ 250 days!

Faster FEM is going work on day 1, I just know it will - so I'm set!

Ohhh, did I hurt your feelings? :P

This year I've unfortunately not had the time to participate on the beta team... but when I'm in bug hunting mode I count the amount of late night espressos needed to hone in on the suckers! Two or three double-shots is my current record - from 10pm - 2am.

Process == Hunting-> :ph34r: found->  :lol: squashed-> B)

Briefing viewing the HD version only noticed one small change in the viewport - EDIT: The light icon is nothing, H14 does the same on Mac Mini Intel graphics. the 'high quality' light icons appear to be merged to the 'normal lighting'. Anyone see anything else?

The 'Melt Object' looks like the best new shelf tool!

post-8321-0-45936600-1443499727_thumb.pn

Edited by tar