Hi !

I got an office space where i have the machines  /server /fast interneto..when working past dinner time or at unreasonable hours (often) I do it from home, by using RDC (remote desktop connection) on win7, it works well with most apps, but Houdini wont run trough it. It runs using TeamViewer,,,but is sloooooooooooow.

I have a gaming video card at home and nothing too fancy at the office, which works fine, i don't know if this is a driver issue (got latest nvidia drivers) or some configuration i can change in houdini?

thanks

O/.

I might be wrong but as far as i know nothing comes close to splashtop in terms of speed and portability

You could look into HP RGR/RGS, as it's excellent on both Windows and Linux:  http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/workstations/remote-graphics-software.html

It is a commercial product, though.

It seems to handle apps which use advanced OpenGL features without slowdowns. I remember using NX-based (eg. OpenNX) VNC services and they got slow and glitchy with top apps like Houdini.

thanks guys, will try them out. the HP one sounds good,,,but i will have to get a HP box..not a bad excuse

tightvnc is another free one. I've used teamviewer/tightvnc/chrome remote desktop myself and they all do the job, but its not perfect by any means.