Motion Blur on procedural texture

I moved the nodes I had after my object merge directly after my file sop importing the obj terrain and attach the digital asset directly to the animated null and the motion blur is fine as well as the size of the procedural patterns.

So it looks like the problem really was the object merge, I don't understand though why the png texture was fine but not the procedural ones.

the textures are locked to uv coordinates so it doesn't matter what the underlying geometry is doing -- deforming, transforming, static... the 0,0 uv is still 0,0.

the difference you're seeing boils down the space your object is in.  if you use channels to transform your object, the object space moves with the geometry so that 0,0,0 in object space remains in the same relative position a procedural texture based on your object space P will lock.  if you use an xform sop to move your object, then your geometry is moving inside the object space.  a procedural texture will swim in this case.

your example is a bit more complicated but it's the same underlying issue.

middle click on your sops and you can see their object space bounding box info to see how they're moving in object space.

Try keeping it simple : Bgeo-> Mantra. Many problems like this will go away.

In fact I'm using delayed procedural shader at the end of my pipeline in order to keep my IFD files very light (under 1mb per frame).

But I had the same problem when using the delayed load geometry with the bgeo. But I'll be sure to do a test with bgeo next time I have a similar problem, thanks a lot =) !