robert.magee

Houdini 15 Released

Thanks, I have it. I heard from support that indie licenses will be upgraded soon. Holding on to my hat.

i would have a stupid question how do you do to upgrade a indie 14.0 license to a indie 15.0 license ? you have to redeem it ?

Edited by sebkaine

It will happen automatically as soon as they get time. Thats the info I got.

• Like 1

Guest mantragora

wooo. Goodbye real life!  :P

There is a REAL life in Spain?! I thought that you have fiesta all day long :)

• Like 2

There is a REAL life in Spain?! I thought that you have fiesta all day long :)

I find that insulting. We don´t have just fiesta all day long...we also have siesta, you know  :lol:

• Like 2

So many things to test and play with. Really feature rich for both artists and TD's.

Is the FEM solver speed increase ("up to 10x faster") really true? Haven't had a chance to install it yet...

Yes, I've had some FEM tests in the beta cycle that hit 7x speed-up, so I'd imagine 10x is possible depending on your situation. :)

Guest tar

This is a deep upgrade. Congrats all round to the dev and testing teams.  Time to get busy with it!

Just renew my indie license ;)

I love Mantra, but one question, about RenderMan 20 support (it seems to be a main feature), is it also integrated in Indie version ?

Just renew my indie license ;)

I love Mantra, but one question, about RenderMan 20 support (it seems to be a main feature), is it also integrated in Indie version ?

Indie doesn't allow 3rd party render support

what a great release! it must be huge amount work of the dev team in 9 month. i really love the "small" features like the foreach loop, visualizer node... but also pyro3 shader , new disney shader, fem 10x faster, bullet is faster, adaptive grain and so on...crazy!

i wish sesi best success...and a lot more customers/artist, then more studios would integrate it in here pipeline.

WOW!!! that polyextrude with spline controle seems to be stuffed with sterioids. what option could it possible lack?

And Now it looks like I have a greater reason to get into those shading vops, A lot of good stuff happening there. 

FEM x10???? so it means clothes x10 too? Get all those kids their new clothes, we're going out for dinner!!!