RonaldAZ

Best approach to Object ID Pass

Hi there!

I would like to do a render passes where every object has a constant colour and right now I am doing it via takes ( which is very time consuming to set up).

I have also tried the op_id and primid in mantra but that doesn't give me a different colour for each object in the scene.

How would I go about doing this more efficiently? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers!

Ronald

Op-Id gives you different colour but not what you expect :D Those are levels of white, from 0-255, I think. Render image and inspect it you will see different values.

post-3048-0-61252200-1451296911_thumb.gi

Op-Id gives you different colour but not what you expect :D Those are levels of white, from 0-255, I think. Render image and inspect it you will see different values.

Hi I got the same result but I have multiple objects in a single object geo node but op-id gives all the objects in that specific node a single colour, would it be possible to get separate colours for every object in the geometry node?

Thanks!

On 28/12/2015 at 12:25 PM, fencer said:

maybe this one

post-12310-0-37025200-1451305512_thumb.jpost-12310-0-81291000-1451305692_thumb.j

obj_ID.hip

Hello, I am trying to replicate your scene file, I created the obj_ID attributes for my objects but I can't see them in rendering for some reason! Did you do anything else?

2 minutes ago, crispyastrologer said:

Hello, I am trying to replicate your scene file, I created the obj_ID attributes for my objects but I can't see them in rendering for some reason! Did you do anything else?

Did you check all render passes?

2 minutes ago, crispyastrologer said:

What do you mean? 

C, Pz, Op_Id...

RenderExtraImagePlanesComponents.PNG

3 minutes ago, fencer said:

C, Pz, Op_Id...

RenderExtraImagePlanesComponents.PNG

Oh no I didn't, I wasn't aware that I need them, I just want the object IDs. You do not have them in your scene output.

Screenshot from 2018-03-05 12-28-18.png