Sign in to follow this  
XJIOR_UA

Fit peak values of channel to range (0,1)

Hello. I have a lot of channels with different peaks and with different number of them. I'm trying to fit value of them with vopchop to range (0,1). Can you help me to do that. Thank you. I've attached two images for your understanding of my problem.

post-11386-0-42459600-1458214026_thumb.p

post-11386-0-53706000-1458214031_thumb.p

Pictures you provided show only values already in the range (0,1).

I don't know if inside vop chop houdini have "whole channel handling at once" routines or you have to parse each channel manually using loops. So more efficient way for that is with standard chop nodes. In general form you can normalize channel by  LIMIT node (turn on normalize option) and that would bring all values in range (-1,1) and than use Expression node where in the first expression edit box type:  ($V+1)*0.5 . That will rescale range (-1,1) to range (0,1).

That is about FITTING channel in range (standard normalization process. It finds maximum value in the channel, calculate scalingfactor = 1/max,  and scale all values in channel by scalingfactor).

If you want to rescale/reshape peaks so each peak starts with a ramp at 0 value and end at 1 value then use sign function to convert your SAW TOOTH shape  to square pulses, then use LAG node to tense fast rising edge to linear slope, normalize result, and refit it to (0,1) range.

Here is example scene

https://mega.nz/#!HRoxgR5J!fTC_YezgB7wBRZTuKypHdiT6_orcvsuIlORqkZSb1sU 

Yes, SAW-like shape is easy to reconstruct on several different ways. In general, slopes of your channel dictate the way you will use.