Hey guys,

Any idea how to approach this procedurally?

I would like to create a VOP that takes any polygon and creates the stitches and this patchwork on it. I will be experimenting on this and if i figure out a solution i will post it here. Any ideas are welcomed

Best Regards,

Valentino

post-5850-0-74919100-1459159733_thumb.jp

Here is my contribution to your scenes.

attachicon.gifpatchwork.png

This looks awesome! 

I cant get it to work on mine however.

It seems the error is on the primitivewrangle1 on the variable M_TWO_PI,

when i changed it with (2*3.1415) 

it seemed to worked but the shader doesnt render correctly like yours. Could you shed some light on the case please

post-5850-0-11874900-1459239718_thumb.jp

This is unusual for Houdini being unable to find standard math.h library from $HH/vex/include folder. Anyway, that just 2 * pi, you are right.

I used standard Principled Shader's "Blue Cloth" preset with one of the fabric textures from SESI website as the color map, enabled noise displace, rendered in some random daylight HDRI. Just to show how UVs works. Maps are super heavy and setup is quite default, so, I didn't save this stuff.

This is unusual for Houdini being unable to find standard math.h library from $HH/vex/include folder. Anyway, that just 2 * pi, you are right.

I used standard Principled Shader's "Blue Cloth" preset with one of the fabric textures from SESI website as the color map, enabled noise displace, rendered in some random daylight HDRI. Just to show how UVs works. Maps are super heavy and setup is quite default, so, I didn't save this stuff.

yeah i found it weird too. anyway i downloaded houdini 15 and didnt have that error. here is the first result :)

I LOVE THIS COMMUNITY

post-5850-0-55151200-1459268931_thumb.jp

• Like 1