Sign in to follow this  
CeeGee

Latest collection of my rnd work

Hi,

I didn't post anything for long time, this is latest collection of my houdini rnd work

- Whale

- Thresher jump

- The Dragon - Water Splash RND

- Houdini Ocean Extension

Igor

• Like 5

Nice whale shot! what did you mean by "-circle" when you were showing the different renders for the whitewater?

On 5/10/2016 at 11:30 AM, RonaldAZ said:

Nice whale shot! what did you mean by "-circle" when you were showing the different renders for the whitewater?

Thanks, a lot.

There is option to pick how you want to render particles sphere or circle, circle type work better when you add normals to particles.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CeeGee said:

Thanks, a lot.

There is option to pick how you want to render particles sphere or circle, circle type work better when you add normals to particles.

Thanks for the hint! Do you add normals to ww points using the facet SOP or as the direction of velocity vectors or something else?

11 hours ago, Vlad said:

Thanks for the hint! Do you add normals to ww points using the facet SOP or as the direction of velocity vectors or something else?

Something i add VDBfromParticleFluid and use gradient of that surface filed to add normals to points, or i use surfacefiled from main fluid sim and with same workflow using gradient create normals.

20 hours ago, CeeGee said:

Thanks, a lot.

Thanks for the tip! I never knew about this

Did you do the variation of the ocean surface in comp or shaders? Impressive work btw.  I need to render a large scale ocean so i am looking for answers. Thanks 

Edited by Harsh