Forum upgrade

Marc

Thanks! Although it is bold for some reason. Single string is more robust in terms of variety of different people names. I'll go to the testing forum for the syntax highlighting part then.

Is WYSIWYG / Plain Text switcher gone from the editing form? It was useful to manually cleanup messed formatting. Mostly, with pasted text. At this moment, it is possible to cleanup 3rd party formatting right after pasting, using the popping whitish bar at the bottom.

19 hours ago, Marc said:

The code highlighting is there now.

Hey Marc, I wonder if Python is the reason? C++ works (thanks!), but for example, the python in this thread only has black text on grey bg: http://forums.odforce.net/topic/11635-inlinecpp/

*edit* it can't just be python, it's working here: http://forums.odforce.net/topic/19535-inline-cpp-pc2-exporter/, so strange...

Edited by goldleaf

2 hours ago, goldleaf said:

Hey Marc, I wonder if Python is the reason? C++ works (thanks!), but for example, the python in this thread only has black text on grey bg: http://forums.odforce.net/topic/11635-inlinecpp/

*edit* it can't just be python, it's working here: http://forums.odforce.net/topic/19535-inline-cpp-pc2-exporter/, so strange...

Yeah I imagine some of the older code blocks won't have the correct syntax assigned. I edited that post and changed it to Python and it works fine.

M

4 hours ago, matEvil said:

good news, thank you...

I'm new and maybe I don't know more well, but there is one option inside the user pannel or other can be in automatic "Notify me..." without check every time the button?

thx

• Off Notify me of replies

Yeah, go to your account settings > notifications to make that the default.

I asked Marc about it on staging, and if I remember correctly, that setting can't be the default for everyone in this version of the forum software (right?).

Re: formatting - yeah, higher contrast would be great. Thanks!

• Like 1

I think a bug from the old forum exists in this new form.

Here is a link I just posted that exhibits the bug.

I type some text then some code then some text. I post the reply and all the text I typed after the [ CODE ] symbol does not show up.

In the old forum I would toggle the editor into the alternate mode and I could correct the forum mistake. In this version the editor does not have that extra mode so I can not reveal the embedded code tokens to correct the mistake.

I actually typed more text after the code box, it just does not show up in the reply.

Edited by Atom

Thank you very much for this forum :) and also this upgrade.

I have a question. Would it be possible to sort posts/topics by number of "likes" in them? In my free time I am going through the history of this forum ... and the "top by likes" could help to find the treasures in this forum.

It doesnt have to be user friendly. Just some simple "text page" generated from database is enough, something like:

-------------------------------
Odforce most liked topics / posts
-------------------------------
Topic link (date) (likes in topic)

I'm not sure how long we've had the ability to 'like' a post...only a few years I think...

a much better project would be to find all the hip/otl/hda that have been uploaded and make some kind of searchable database of them :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ikoon said:

Does the forum engine store in its database, how many times has been downloaded the attached file?

Yeah it does. It should be possible to build something that extracts any information we need, all it requires is time :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marc said:

Yeah it does. It should be possible to build something that extracts any information we need, all it requires is time :)

I have tried to find "advanced search" plugin, but did not succeed. Maybe we could ask the developers of the forum, if there is any plugin? I would donate :)

@koen

There is an unread posts feed in the activity list. Also at the top of the page somewhere should have a link to unread content.

For everyone else. I've added the topic feed on the right of the forums. Let me know whether you like it or not. It's easy to remove.

• Like 2