Sign in to follow this  
toad

How to apply low res sim to high res geo?

hi there!! 

I've melted an object using flip fluid solver and I was wondering if there is a way to apply a "low" sim resolution to the "high" (original) mesh. 

In another project using vdb fracture I could be able to apply the low sim to the original mesh by connecting the original geometry into the second input of convert vdb node and checking "transfer surface attributes", but I don't know why this method doesn't works for me for my flip fluid simulation. 

If it helps in this video: https://vimeo.com/85149964 
The person who upload it, comments this: "I cheated a bit by wrapping the low res simulation to my high res geometry Smile

Can anyone help me?? 

Thanks!!!

you could try a point deform sop.... you'd have to have a constant number of points (no reseeding).  plug in your high rez mesh, your rest frame sim points, and then your sim points animating.  won't work if your sim breaks up a lot...

Thank you @fathom , but it I think I didn't understand something. Maybe i'm getting lost somewhere.

In the first input I plugged the high res mesh, in the second a .bgeo of the points of the sim first frame, and in the last one the drop i/o

Is that the correct set up??

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 20.42.39.png

yeah, but you need to make sure your sim doesn't change point count.  no idea how well this will work, but it's relatively easy to set up and try.