Sign in to follow this  
Sourabh

RBD constraint come back after removing

Hi guys 

I just want to ask two quick questions.

1. I don't want glue constraint come back after removing, in my case it come back after removing and it make fracture pieces not fall/break properly.

2. I also want to control the bounce of fracture pieces ,they keeps on bouncing. I wonder if there is any method to deactivate sim per pieces.

Thank you in advance

it's easier if you post your scene

1. the default expression in Constraint Network DOP/Overwrite with SOP nakes it always update from SOPs if your sop constraints are time dependent, this update will reintroduce constraints from SOPs every frame

so either make sure that your constraints are not time dependent, or instead of default expression use simple hscript expression like $SF==1

2. you can play with Physical/Bounce parameter on your RBD Packed Object DOP, or use geometry wrangle (or anything) that sets active attribute  to 0 for pieces you want to stop

in recent builds, since when I am not sure, the SOP overwrite in glue network has a python expression which checks for time dependency on the incoming network, for some reason if your Glue Network is time dependant, this will force DOP to fetch in the GLUE every frame, caused me a big headache, until I found out the issue.

Edited by tricecold

Hi Tim,

My problem has been solved. I just did what Thomas said in 1st point Or you can keep that 1 but make sure that parameter color should stay red.