Sign in to follow this  
chistof

Use Sop attributes with instancefile

Hi everyone,

I apologize if this has already been asked but i couldn't find an answer for this precise case.

I have points with a bunch of attributes and I'm using an Instance Node to render them. Each instances is set by an instancefile attribute. I want to use the id attributes to export aovs from the shader but I can't find a way to have the instances inheriting the points attributes. You can see in the example file what I wish to do with the instance display node unpacked.

I saw post about the function instancepoint() applied to the object to instance but I guess that in my case I cannot use this with instancefile since files are written ahead. Maybe should I find an other way to instance my geometries which are currently in files debris.0001-0050.bgeo.sc using the attributes pieceNbToInstance to somehow filter the piece to import but ideally I'd like to use the easiest way if possible so I don't write unneeded stuff in the IFds.

Any ideas ?

Thanks !
Chris

instancefileWithAovsUsingAttributes.v1.hipnc

My hero ! Thanks Tomas ! I don't use much material node generally, easy solution and great result :D

Thanks as well for the packed primitives solution !