marcotronic

SOLVED: Can't open hipnc files in Houdini Indie (endless question dialog loop)

Hi guys,

I have a problem using Houdini Indie 15.0.459 - when I try to open a hipnc file (as usually attached in this forum e.g. as example files) I get this dialog mentioning that the Indie license will be downgraded for this session to the non commercial version if I press "ok". When I press "ok", however, I get the same dialog again and again with exactly the same question. Each time the position of that dialog slightly changes to the right side of the sceen but I'm not able to actually reach a point where Houdini opens the hipnc files. When I cancel the dialog the file isn't being loaded either.

Is this a common problem? I have searched the forum and google but found nothing...

thanks for your help in advance.

Marco

Edited by marcotronic
problem solved - Build 15.0.475 solved the issue

Guest tar

Yes - open the file with the Apprentice version. Bug submitted as ID=75204.  You can submit the same bug and it will rise in priority.

Thanks a lot! :) I hope this has been fixed in 15.5 - As far as I remember SideFX mentioned that 15.0.459 will be the last production build for version 15.0

Marco

Guest tar
1 hour ago, marcotronic said:

I hope this has been fixed in 15.5 - As far as I remember SideFX mentioned that 15.0.459 will be the last production build for version 15.0

H15 daily builds will continue in an ad hoc nature once 15.5 is released, i.e H14 still gets updated, even just last night.  

5 minutes ago, marty said:

H15 daily builds will continue in an ad hoc nature once 15.5 is released, i.e H14 still gets updated, even just last night.  

Cool! Didn't know this. Thanks! Other companies should learn from that - they usually don't fix bugs in older versions and want the people to buy current versions of their software products. Makes me happy to be a SideFX customer :)

Marco

Edited by marcotronic

Wow, SideFX support answered within a couple of hours (even on a Sunday!) and solved the problem: Build 15.0.475 solved this problem already!

marco