Knitting in Houdini

alican

this is really nice person, i admire it. sharing something that has drain energy to develop it. thanks alican to support person like me who want make visual fx in my country become more nicer.

big thanks for once more.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi bretik, I didn't include any of the the rendering or shading nodes. But it is very straightforward. I rendered the whole geometry as curves with width attribute and the render flag is set to the last node of the chain. Some things might change depending on which render engine you want use. That was it basically.  

Hey bretik, at some point in the network I just transfer the color from uv's to points. You might need to activate using point colors in the shader to get the colors and also check if the path to the texture is correct in your hip file=) And in your second  image it seems there is only one iteration of the for loop happening. Cheers!

I think it is just "Single Pass" option is ticked in the final for each loop. I can see it from the image "Gather: 73" it writes next the node. Just turn off the single pass option and it will generate every iteration but it will take some time around 30 seconds to minute. It might be heavy for your viewport so it is best to put the render flag to that node and visibility to a lighter node for the viewport.