Deforming geometry

5 hours ago, f1480187 said:

There is no example for Orange Lady

aren't you a bit extreme there ? 

a kind of "orange lady"  was in your example, or at least a good direction to get similar look. (remesh, divide with dual compute, then polyextrudes. that's definitely a way to get some similar looking mesh.)

we are talking about inspiration from some example image, not trying it get the exact node that was used for this image.... right?

• Like 1

On 7/9/2016 at 6:41 PM, elguerra said:

Hey Caskal...  How did you do the Lady with the holes... the Orange looking one... I'm curious to see your hip... good job...

Hey bro, as @6ril said I'm the noob here, check the help of the community on the answers and you'll get some great tip/hip files. 

On 7/11/2016 at 2:52 AM, f1480187 said:

There is no example for Orange Lady, since I haven't figured it out that day. SDF Smooth and Reshape example may look like it is the way, but it is more about creating lichen-like structures of previous example.

orange_lady.jpg

You can create exactly such model by making extruded, then subdivided holes in Divide SOP's Dual output over triangle mesh, computed by Remesh in Adaptive mode with several iterations.

orange_lady.hipnc

Awesome! I was able to get a similar result with vdb but didn't figure out how to do the shading part, I'm new to houdini itself so didn't jump into materials/mantra yet.

Big thanks once more! checkin' hip files is very helpful, cheers!

On 7/11/2016 at 8:59 AM, 6ril said:

aren't you a bit extreme there ? 

a kind of "orange lady"  was in your example, or at least a good direction to get similar look. (remesh, divide with dual compute, then polyextrudes. that's definitely a way to get some similar looking mesh.)

we are talking about inspiration from some example image, not trying it get the exact node that was used for this image.... right?

Totally!

• 1 year later...