almond

melting teapot- newbie question

Hi guys!

sorry if this is a basic question! I'm trying to melt a platonic solid teapot but having problems with the conversion to a flip fluid.  When it converts, there's no flip fluid where the spout should be.  I've tried changing the particle seperation to something small like 0.01.  I've also tried converting the solid to a triangulated mesh and upping the divisions so there are more points where the spout is before using the melting object button, but none of this seems to work.  Is there something else I should be trying?  Thanks in advance!

tpot.png

Try "prepping" the teapot by converting it to a volume then back to polygons. The ISOOffset Uniform Sampling Divisions control will allow you to set the resolution of the conversion.

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Edited by Atom

FYI, the reason is because the Utah teapot isn't closed at the spot.

Yes. Usually the best way to "melt" any object is to separate the parts and convert them separately so you can optimize the different areas according to the geometry.

Thanks guys-that's useful to know-I will try a separate closed model of the spout and see how that goes. Turning it into a volume and then converting it makes it look a bit pixelised so this way might work better. Thanks again!