ValentinD

Pops following animated mesh

Hello everyone ! 

Does someone know how to use an animated mesh for driving some velocities of particles ? 

I have done a sim that I like but I want it to follow the character's animation... The particles born in the chest and goes to his head which is rotating... 

I'm pretty new to pops, I think that maybe I can make it move through a pcopen but maybe it is a bit too much for what I want to do ? Also, I'm not pretty sure about how to make it... Maybe it's possible to feed the pcopen with a scatter of point on 

the surface of the character ? 

Thanks a lot and have a great day ! (Once finished and online I will try to post it as a comment !) 

scatter some points on character surface and use attribute interpolate to lock those points onto the surface, then later in the pops use pop attract and points as your desired method.

• Like 1

If you want to birth and keep particles on a deforming surface, a ray SOP in a SOP solver works really well. 

surface_pop.hiplc

Edited by Farmfield
  • Like 2

Thanks Navneet, I will take a look !

Farmfield > For a reason that I ignore, I have not seen your post sooner, thank you so much for the exemple ! Have a great day !

Yes Johnny, thanks for the example file. It is easy to understand and modify.

And now back to the letter T.

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by Atom

Sweet! I was just wondering how to do this and here's a thread discussing it haha cheers guys! :)

Sorry for the absence people, I've been upgrading my workstation and basically got stuck in hardware limbo for a week. But yeah, cool, glad to be of help. :)

• Like 1