Constraints to Mimic Nailed Wood (Stretchy Glue??)

DeeLan

Hey guys.

I'm trying to figure out a destruction setup for things like fences, wooden frames, plywood walls (that thin stuff thats really easy to put a hole in accidentally) etc. The part I'm stuck on at the moment is how to mimic things that are nailed together. Specifically, how to set it up so that when the fence/frame/whatever is hit by something, it doesn't just break apart, but instead just becomes a slight bit loosened, causing it to wobble a bit and fall over slightly. I realize that explanation probably makes little to no sense, so I've included two reference images. One depicts the effect that would happen for an entire fence, the other is for a single beam.

I've got an example scene that uses the Cone Twist Constraint. It it gets me part way there, but is obviously way to static, and just stops suddenly. What I would like would be some subtle wobbling, as well as the beam the rotate down abit (to mimic the photo with the horse). 

I had the idea of using a Glue constraint with a bit of stretch. Problem is, I have no idea how to get a glue constraint to stretch (or if its even possible) and I couldn't find anything on Google about it either :(. Is anyone able to point me in the right direction for figuring this out? I'm still struggling to understand constraints so any guidance would be extremely helpful :) 

Nailed_Wood.hipnc

Small Scale.jpg

Large Scale.jpg