Pyro cloud optimise refine.. caching and detail

anthonymcgrath

if you had max bounds disabled when you cached low res and up res it is also disabled I don't have any other idea..

0.025 is high res but up to 0.07 is still acceptable especially if it is large scale and/or in the back of your scene

If you cant run at 0.025 you should try 0.05 and yes copying cache is good, and if your relying on this its best to run a few small sims then one bigger one

or the repition will really show copy copying one bigger one

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Yon Anadeyo said:

if you had max bounds disabled when you cached low res and up res it is also disabled I don't have any other idea..

0.025 is high res but up to 0.07 is still acceptable especially if it is large scale and/or in the back of your scene

If you cant run at 0.025 you should try 0.05 and yes copying cache is good, and if your relying on this its best to run a few small sims then one bigger one

or the repition will really show copy copying one bigger one

i ran base at 0.1 and upres at 0.05 yeah - this seems to give me some nice detail overall

in the end i re-cached it from the start and it seemed fine - no boudning issues - dont know what happened. prob cos i interrupted it midway through at some point thinking i could just pickup where i last left off.  Ddin't seem happy doing that.

heres a couple of quick renders in scene... nothing major (do like the way it blocks out the sunlight in 2nd one tho heh)..

I did a retime too (mainly cos it spent all afternoon caching out!)  - took it from 116 frames to 150 using a time-warp - seemed to play back nicely in flipbook so a test render will tell more..

pyro_testRender01.JPG

pyro_testRender02.JPG

Edited by anthonymcgrath

I'm pretty sure you cannot retime to speed up, it only works if your slowing down. And you do it in the Time tab of up res node.

But you can blend the end of your cache with the start of your cache to create a loop ( using blendshapes )

well i'm trying to actually stretch out the cache so instead of being 116 frames long its 150 - strange number - but 116 is where i got fed up of waitng forerrrrvver for the last 4 frames + each .bgeo file was a 1gb each hence trying the time warp to try stretch it out

ah goodie - peter quint video that'll be helpful thanks :)  will check that tomorrow

reckon i'm just gonna redo the sim so its 150 frames long really its less painful (i think heh)

EDIT: well the manual said 'heyyyy add a time-blend node before your time-warp' to help smooth out movement - did so... dust cloud jumped about and twitched on the spot lol so that was a fail lol! I'm just gonna redo the base sim so its the correct time and go through the process again

is it me or does it cache the bgeo alot quicker when the viewport is just bounding boxes?!

Edited by anthonymcgrath
  • Like 1

Yea just caching the frame range is the most pure, simple and correct way

I haven't tested that but might be true..maybe we should just close the scene view in case :D

and in case ( I did this for a long time ) make sure its bgeo.sc and not .bgeo as the .sc is compress format and saves space

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On Wednesday, December 07, 2016 at 11:28 PM, Diego A Grimaldi said:

@anthonymcgrath

It's not scary, it just takes time, people and lot of coffee :D

Agreed.. usual bundle of willing nitwits like ourselves.. able to live off caffeine...grow 8 arms.. run 9 pcs simultaneously etc :)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Yon Anadeyo said:

Anthony I saw the finished trailer u were working on in this thread on CGBros with 40+ views in a weekB)

Yeah on my own channel it did more than 500k in the first month too heh. There's tons of react vids too lol quite funny seeing how surprised ppl were and they seem to enjoy it so it was worthwhile hehe 

• Like 1