Odforce Birds Of Feather?

Just wanted to say it was a great pleasure meeting the gurus of houdini and for good measure I made sure to click some picutres so here are some....

The attachment is a pure highrez from my cheap nikon camera of the birds of feather...

Some other pics (for shameless promotion...)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/keltuzar/bof_2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/keltuzar/bof_4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/keltuzar/bof_3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/keltuzar/bof_5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/keltuzar/bof_6.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/keltuzar/bof_7.jpg

Thankyou Sidefx for throwing a great party and offcourse I wanted to say a BIG thankyou to Jason, Marc, Mcronin,Arctor, Slade, Brian,Stevenong and offcourse the famous odforce AI; Edward.

post-704-1123097977_thumb.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The attachment is a pure highrez from my cheap nikon camera of the birds of feather...

Some other pics (for shameless promotion...)

Nice pictures there! keltuzar Could you put names on the pics, so I can know who's who? I could only recognize Christina Aguilera with the Hodini t-shirt.

Boy, I wish I could be there also.

Guest Guest

first off, it was a pleasure meeting all the masters and programmers of houdini.Jason,Jens,Marc,Mark,Steven,Micheal,Mike,Jason simmons, Jeff(old school),Jeff,George,Luca,Frankie,Robert,clive,andrew,Brian,Edward the man, Mr Kim "owner of Sidefx",keltuzar, If I've forgotten anyboday please forgive me as I am still hung over!!. I will be posting lots of pictures when I get back to NY.

Houdini users are link family, it was an honor

Guest xionmark

Can you post the other pictures that were taken? There's a few faces obscured and it'd be nice to see everyone; some annotation with names would be a great too as I didn't have chance to meet everyone. I'll still be at the show today and hope to have the pleasure of meeting more of you guys, it's been a great time! Thanks for making this event happen, it was fun!

--Mark

Siggraph was great, overwhelming turnout at the Houdini meeting, and big thanks to SESI for their party, that was a great time! It was great to meet all the familiar names from od.force and the Houdini mailing list and hear about what everyone's been up to. I hope to see you all in Boston next year!

Pictures below (hope this works):

1. Paul + arctor

2. arctor, mcronin, pablo, ben simons, marc

3. siggraph chapters party

4. siggraph chapters party

5. siggraph chapters party

6. mcronin, brian, ivan dewolf, arctor

7. jeff wagner (old school) + luca p from SESI

8. arctor, mcronin, exel

post-40-1123170277_thumb.jpg

post-40-1123170549_thumb.jpg

post-40-1123170564_thumb.jpg

post-40-1123170576_thumb.jpg

post-40-1123170589_thumb.jpg

post-40-1123170602_thumb.jpg

post-40-1123170617_thumb.jpg

post-40-1123170628_thumb.jpg

Lets startwith some photoshop fodder:

This is Kim Davidson at the Chapters party. He got rolled for the golden ticket in his shirt pocket.

Next up is Michael (Arctor) being shadowed by a little pixie named Tracy of Meteor at the SESI party.

Lastly we have Jeff (oldskool) and Jason (Excel). I would have never pegged Jeff for a hip hop fan but he dragged us downstairs where the "good" music was playing and got everyone on the floor; even Jason.

post-257-1123211013_thumb.jpg

post-257-1123211040_thumb.jpg

post-257-1123211083_thumb.jpg

A word about alcohol, specificly free alcohol. At first I was a little miffed about the fact that there were 5 bartenders serving like 3000 people at the SESI party, but as the night wore on I realized this was probably a good thing. The blonde is one of the bartenders. She was having a really bad night and I took this picture right after she almost killed some ass who thought it would be a good idea to hop up on the bar and take a nap. He was dragged out. The second pic is Kevin Gillen getting me drinks. What you can't see is that the line behind him is about 150 people deep. He's a good man. Despite this, we still managed to drink all the Whiskey in the place.

Then we have the DNA guys demonstrating the three stages of inebriation. In the background we have Michael "I just got here some one get me a drink" Duffy on the left Chris? I dunno he's obviously not feeling pain. Last we have "Someone pour me into a taxi" Xean. Great guys; go see "Ant Bully" when it comes out.

Last up is Jason trying to make me puke. He was successful.

post-257-1123211854_thumb.jpg

post-257-1123211884_thumb.jpg

post-257-1123211924_thumb.jpg

post-257-1123211946_thumb.jpg

SESI folk are good people.

Here we have Sarah who put the party together

Zubin and Monica shaking their butts at the Mayan.

Luca, another shock. loves the Hip Hop.

Garman talking about Stealth at the SESI booth

Oh, and the SESI booth itself.

E.D.W.A.R.D. and Bjorn (Slade) and some other guy who's name escapes me. Sadly E.D.W.A.R.D. was mugged by some drunken idiot right after this photo was taken. SESI had to overnight a new harddrive to get him reinstalled and running for a client meeting the following afternoon.

Jeff (oldskool) explaining the finer points of maple syrup to Sheldon (keltuzar). I'm not kidding. That's what they were actually discussing, it went on for like 10 minutes. I had to put a stop to it.

post-257-1123212847_thumb.jpg

post-257-1123212871_thumb.jpg

post-257-1123212989_thumb.jpg

post-257-1123213023_thumb.jpg

post-257-1123213047_thumb.jpg

post-257-1123213085_thumb.jpg

post-257-1123213111_thumb.jpg

Here's a bunch of us having lunch at Sony. Starting from the left going clockwise... Pablo, Michael, Ben Simons, who, BTW, is like some kind of Siggraph celebrity, Jason, Alejandro, the one and only Marc, and Steven.

Brian and Ivan from Martian Labs. Seem like really fun guys.

Fred and Maxim from Meteor with Jason. Fred is a recent Houdini convert. He convinced Meteor to buy a few seats... good man.

Slade at the Mayan on a mission to get women to come to the SESI party... He failed. Look how crushed he is.

post-257-1123213623_thumb.jpg

post-257-1123213639_thumb.jpg

post-257-1123213664_thumb.jpg

post-257-1123213705_thumb.jpg

post-257-1123213740_thumb.jpg

Yes, Jeff was not so hairy in San Diego. It seems like the hairy unkempt look is back, I saw a few people sporting this fashion. Ben, you cut your crazy doo too soon.

Thanks for all the pics Mr Cronin, it's good to have all the goings on on record. I can't wait to see what comes out of Ben's camera (mainly because I'll be suprised if anything comes out of there).

M

The sad thing is that is Ben's "Clean Cut" summer look.

I have plenty more pictures, unflattering images of people, mostly from SESI, but I'll spare them the embarassment.

20196[/snapback]

well have u seen David Roberto!?! i completely missed him with his new cut too!