SteveNi

Issue while creating atribute

Hi

Screenshot_1.jpg

I need to initialize an attribute in a wrangle wich runs in Detail mode (only once), so I cant simply write " i@status; ", thats why I thought to use a for loop and the setattrib() function, but that code does not create any attribute on the points...why is this happening?

Thanks

Well that's not how wrangle works. Why wouldn't just write i@status; work? Detail is per object, not per point.

edit: on the bottom left you are looking at the points attributes, you have to switch to detail attributes.

Edited by sasho78

You need to use addattrib(). Setattrib() can only set the values but not create an attribute.

Well that's not how wrangle works. Why wouldn't just write i@status; work? Detail is per object, not per point.

Oh yea...I forgot it.

You need to use addattrib(). Setattrib() can only set the values but not create an attribute.

Thanks sometimes I cant remember even simple stuff like this.

Thanks guys.

maybe I don't get the idea, but why not just use point wrangle? sorry if I seem to be rude :)

maybe I don't get the idea, but why not just use point wrangle? sorry if I seem to be rude

Dont worry man.

I simply wanted to see if that was possible to do in Detail mode using those functions :)

Just experimenting :)