On 25/04/2018 at 10:18 PM, eetu said:

Hi! it's been a while since I did it, now looking at the hip I don't really seem to match the IDs, that is correct :)  As it is, it works when new particles are added, but not if some particles are deleted.

If you delete particles you would indeed need to to enable the Attribute to Match in Attribute Copy SOP. Although, as the system uses the last frame to copy attributes from, if you are deleting particles along the way, they will not exist in the last frame and their state is in that way undefined earlier in the animation..

Thanks for clearing that up eetu.  Had me well confused at the time!  
Really like your blog, thanks again.

• 3 months later...

Nice setup.

Instead of using the Particlefluidsurface to mesh the sim how would I go about and transfer the Attributes which you've placed in the Particlefluidsurface

(v vorticity rest rest2 Cd)

And transfer that to a vdb from particles instead? 

Two other questions I had is:

1 - if its possible to export this as an Alembic with the UV ? so it maintains the stretching etc ?

2 - The result looks a bit fuzzy (blurry) I've increased the particle separation by a lot to see if it would vanish but no luck with that. Is there anything I can do to

have a sharp clean result image ?

houdini_2018-08-23_17-23-35.png