Sign in to follow this  
Noobini

H16 Chopnet

just checking my sanity...when in H16 Chopnet, I notice the Null doesn't default to the X shape, yes you can change it but why doesn't it default to the X shape ? More importantly, how is it possible that all 3 nodes in the same chain are active ? Is there something so basic this noob is missing ?

Chopnet.jpg

It has been possible to have the display flag on for multiple CHOPs pre-Houdini 16 and have them display in the motion FX view.

As for the null shape, I don't really know, but I do know that I will be turning off the custom shapes as soon as I get going in 16

Thing is, if I have them all on, it causes 'cooking' update problem for everything you do...even just selecting another node, yes I know about the Auto Update, it's only if I make the chain looks like what it's supposed to be like other chains (in this case just the Null active) then everything works as normal.

ok so pre H16, it has been possible to shift-click to enable multi display flags in CHOPs (I'm guessing here) ? But default action is that if you DON'T shift-click then just one in a chain can be active (again guessing from default behaviour).

Now seems in H16, in CHOPs, the default behaviour is you click the display flag, it goes into Multi mode, ie. you don't have to shift-click.....I'll repeat, I'm a noob...but this new logic is just 'not quite right' to me...