Hey guys,

I would usually do this easily with a Copy Sop (Copy to Points now), just like on Rohan Dalvi's Mograph Series but, since the fragments are not over points, I have no idea on how to do this without a stamp.

Here's something very similar from what I need, it's just rotation and scale of the individual pieces:

LqOJzO4.gif

Thx,
Alvaro

Edited by ParticleSkull

Do a voronoi on the letter, pack the geo, and then use the primitive intrinsic to animate the rotations and scale.

• Like 1

Hey Cristobal, thx! That looks exactly what I am looking for but I still couldn't make it work

I've used an assamble sop to pack the prims but i'm not sure how to access the primitive intrinsic. Should I do something by VEX, like this?

https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/27585/

At the end of that sideFX thread it describes how to access the prim intrinsic information. 

You could also calculate a centroid point, then make your orientation transform, pscale and animation, which you would then then transform geometry to.

Edited by trzanko
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ParticleSkull said:

I have no idea on how to do this without a stamp.

but there IS a Copy Stamp in H16, I assume you saw this but decided not to use it for some reason ?

Hey Vusta, yeah. In this case I can't do it like this because i'm not copying objects to points, I'm just fragmenting it.

So my question is: how can I animate the fragments just like a copy/stamp would do?

Try the Primitive SOP. It works very well together with packed primitives. 

• Like 1

Primitive sop can definitely help here. 

If using the copy/transform points method is the way you want to go, forgot to mention it but to calculate the centroid you'd do:

vector min, max;

bbox(0,min,max);

addpoint(0,set(lerp(min,max,.5)));

there's your centroid point. hope this helps.

-Tighe

Edited by trzanko
  • Like 1

Thx Tighe!

guys, you're awesome. I'm in a hurry finishing a different project but i'll look all the ideas during the weekend.

not to whine but there's an answer without copy stamp in your other topic:

• Like 1

Man, I don't even knew i had that other topic! What a mess... Thx for letting me know Anthony, and also thx for that answer, looks perfect!